How to prevent lice in hair?
- Itching may last a few days after treatment, until the remaining louse saliva disappears completely from the scalp.
- All family members should be checked to ensure that there are no lice present. Avoid head to head contact until those infected have been treated.
- Do not share clothing such as hats, scarves, coats, sports uniforms, hair ribbons, or barrettes.
- Do not share combs, brushes, or towels. Disinfest combs and brushes used by an infested person by soaking them in hot water (at least 60°) for 5–10 minutes.
- Do not lie on beds, couches, pillows, carpets, or stuffed animals that have recently been in contact with an infested person.
- At home and in our immediate environment: vacuum carpets, car backs and mattresses using a bag vacuum cleaner and remove everything and dispose of it outside.
- Wash bedding, towels and clothes with very hot water (60º)
- Insert the pillows, toys, stuffed animals, etc. in the dryer for 20-30 minutes or put them in a plastic bag and keep it closed for at least 48 hours.
- Monitor and brush the hair periodically with a nit comb to avoid a new infestation after treatment.
***If you have any questions or believe that re-infestation may have occurred, contact any of our centres as soon as possible and they will tell you the best way to proceed.***
Signs and symptoms of infestation
- Tickling sensation of something moving around in the hair.
- Itching, caused by an allergic reaction to louse bites.
- Irritability and difficulty sleeping; head lice are most active in the dark.
- Sores to the scalp caused by scratching. These sores can sometimes become infected by bacteria present on the person’s skin.
Like any other treatment process, we need to start with a diagnosis to verify that lice are, in fact, the problem afflicting you or your child.
Our compassionate lice technicians will do this by performing a head check with a lice comb.
The hair is divided into small sections to ensure we do not miss out any space. Using our unique suction system we guarantee the removal of more than 90% of the lice and nits.
Going back over the sections to which we previously applied suction, we use our special metal combs for lice and nits to remove virtually all of the infestation.
We check thoroughly by hand each strand of hair, ensuring that treatment has been successful and that there are no more lice or nits alive.